30+ Positive Affirmations for Confidence
One of the most powerful ways to boost your self-esteem is repeating affirmations for confidence.
As someone who suffered from low confidence surrounding everything from the way I look, to my ability to do just about anything, I can sincerely say that affirmations are one of the best habits you can incorporate into your daily routine to boost confidence.
What are affirmations for confidence?
Confidence affirmations are statements that you repeat to yourself, either out loud, in your head, or in your journal, that affirm positive traits about yourself or traits you’d like to possess.
These statements are often written in present tense, as if they are already true, and usually begin with ‘I am’ or ‘I have’.
They can be used for a range of problems from low confidence, to boosting motivation.
Affirmations are widely believed by experts to be an affective way of almost rewiring our thought processes as, if you repeat something often enough, it often becomes true in your own mind.
Do affirmations for confidence work?
Experts believe that affirmations work well for a lot of people, as long as you incorporate them into your daily routine, embrace the process, and find positive affirmations that work for you.
If we repeat negative self-talk often enough and tell ourselves how worthless or ugly we are, our brains start to believe it and we become trapped in a cycle of negativity and low self-esteem.
Repeating positive affirmations about ourselves can work in the same way.
Negativity breeds negativity, so it stands to reason that positive affirmations can lead to a more positive outlook, in this case, about yourself.
While affirmations for confidence won’t necessarily change your external appearance, they do tend to help you FEEL better about how you look and who you are as a person. After all, there’s nothing actually wrong with you, it’s just the way you think about yourself that needs to be altered. (As well as society’s attitude towards worth and beauty standards, but that’s a conversation for another time.)
Confidence affirmations help you believe in yourself and see yourself in a more positive light.
This might result in you walking a little taller, finally wearing that dress you’ve been eyeing for months, or asking for that pay-rise you’ve been due.
So, in that respect, affirmations for confidence might indeed change the way you look, purely because your confidence radiates from within.
How can I implement confidence affirmations into my daily routine?
In order to enjoy the most success possible with affirmations, it’s recommended that you weave them into your everyday routine, just like journaling and self-care.
My biggest tips for incorporating affirmations into your life and getting the most out of them are:
- Repeat them every morning either out loud, in your head, or in your journal (if you can do all three – amazing).
- Repeat them when you feel you need them – for example, to combat negative thoughts. This might be throughout the day, before bed, or all of the above. Do what works for YOU and your mindset.
- If you need a reminder to repeat your affirmations, you may want to set an alarm at the same time each day.
- Stick affirmations on post-it notes around your mirror.
- Write them down or get some affirmation cards to remind yourself of your favourite affirmations throughout the day. Check out my Affirmation Card Club to get new printable affirmation cards every single week.
- Find affirmations that resonate with you personally, that you can align yourself with. If you can truly embrace and believe the affirmations as you’re saying them, they’re much more likely to work. Harnessing and truly feeling the emotions that these statements would provoke if you believed them to be true is what’s key to affirmations working to their fullest.
- Be consistent [super-important]; Trust the process. Once you do this, repeating them becomes a habit.
How do I practise positive affirmations?
Improving your confidence with affirmations is actually more simple than I’ve probably made it sound!
- Pick a few affirmations that really resonate with your struggle.
- Write them down.
- Repeat these affirmations out loud, in your head, or in your journal (or all of the above) every single morning, preferably in front of the mirror, if you can.
- Repeat these affirmations whenever negative thoughts that contradict them pop into your head.
- Do this everyday.
See? Pretty simple.
What are the most powerful affirmations?
The most powerful affirmations for confidence are the ones that really resonate with you.
This applies for all affirmations.
In order for you to get the most out of them, they need to align with your particular struggles and beliefs, otherwise, they’re just a bit of a waste of time.
What’s the point in repeating affirmations that have no use to you or can’t be applied to your life in the slightest, just because you saw them on Pinterest?
For example, I personally struggle with self-worth.
Therefore, I would pick a confidence affirmation that would help switch this incorrect belief regarding self-worth, such as: “I am worthy of amazing things.”
I wouldn’t pick a confidence affirmation like, “My hair is luscious and beautiful!” because this has nothing to do with the problem I have. I actually really like my hair.
Okay, this is an extreme example, I know, but you catch my drift: Pick affirmations that make sense to you and that will actually help YOU.
How can I uplift my confidence?
As well as repeating affirmations for confidence, some of my top tips for confidence are:
- Challenge negative self-talk – Rationalise with yourself: What evidence do you have to back up your negative statements about yourself. The answer is probably very little if not none – it’s usually inside your head – and if other people have told you these negative things, that’s reflection on them, not you.
- Wear clothes that you feel cute in – No-one wants to wear clothes they feel uncomfortable in, both physically and mentally, so make an effort to wear clothes that YOU like and that YOU enjoy wearing.
- Practise gratitude – Focus on what you DO like about yourself, not what you don’t. Incorporate gratitude affirmations into your routine too, if you think this would help.
- Practise self-care – Make sure to take care of yourself and pay special attention to the parts of you that you don’t like. For example, when applying body lotion, concentrate on your tummy, or, if you’re self-conscious about your skin, apply a face mask.
- Push yourself outside of your comfort zone – It’s good to push ourselves outside of our usual comfort zone sometimes. Perhaps this is making a phone call you’ve been putting off, saying hello to a stranger, or wearing a piece of clothing you don’t usually have the confidence to wear. You’ll be surprised how strong you are.
- Do something for others – Helping others really boosts your self-worth because you KNOW you’re doing something good. Sometimes being kind to others is easier than being kind to ourselves; when you put this into perspective and realise that we should be treating ourselves with the same respect, we build a solid foundation for our confidence to grow.
30+ affirmations for confidence
- I am worthy of good things
- I am stronger than I ever thought possible
- I am beautiful, inside and out
- My imperfections make me perfect
- I am capable of conquering or learning from any situation
- I am a badass, confident b****
- I am intelligent and savvy
- I am amazing at [insert something you want to be good at]
- My [insert trait/feature about yourself] is fine the way it is
- I am hot AF
- I radiate confidence
- I am glowing with self-love
- I am in total control of my life
- I choose not to seek validation from others
- My opinion of myself is the only one that counts
- I am successful; I deserve success
- I achieve every goal I set
- I’m successful at everything I put my mind to
- I attract good things
- I am enough
- I am awesome just the way I am
- I can overcome anything because I’m strong
- I am so powerful
- People love me for who I am
- I look good at everything I’m passionate about
- I am more than my external appearance
- I am an amazing human being
- I have unlimited potential
- I am fearless and confident in everything I do
- People admire me
- I attract positive, confident people
- My confidence grows by the day
If you’re interested in some affirmation wall arm, I have an Etsy store where I sell affirmation printables here, if you want to check it out.
Having wall art with affirmations on is handy because you can pick and choose which affirmations resonate with you the most and it reminds you to repeat your affirmations daily in order to get the most out of them. Plus they look cute AF.
A witchy ray of sunshine who loves to help others on their journal journey. I’ve been journaling since childhood and have since gone on to earn a degree in English and a diploma in Shadow Work. I love my plant babies, yoga, and anything spooky. Find out more on my about me page.
Comments are closed.