Love affirmations for a specific person are a great way to put your mind at rest about a certain situation, help you feel closer to an individual, and even attract love into your life.
Affirmations improve our outlook on life; they reprogram our mindset by replacing negative self-talk and self-doubt with positive statements that boost our confidence.
When we’re more confident, certain of exactly what we want, and believe that we’re capable of doing it, manifesting our desires into reality becomes infinitely easier.
Do affirmations work for a specific person?
General love affirmations can help you feel more love towards others and yourself, while attracting love into your life, as you now see that you’re worthy and deserving of complete, true love in all forms.
Love affirmations for a specific person can help strengthen the relationship that you already have with someone, whether that’s romantic or platonic, and also assist you in attracting love into your life in the form of a specific, ideal partner.
They encourage you to get clear about what it is you really want and focus on what’s important to you. This helps attract your perfect partner towards you, because you know exactly what you’re looking for.
Can affirmations make someone love you?
Trying to use affirmations to make a specific person who already exists in your life in some capacity – who doesn’t already love you – fall in love with you is a dangerous game. If you’re using the Law of Attraction, you’re potentially playing with their free-will and autonomy, which is never good.
What’s more, when you lazar-focus on one person, you might miss other amazing opportunities and people that come into your life.
You may also become obsessed with this person, which isn’t good for you.
The way I would personally recommend using affirmations for a specific person, is to imagine your perfect person in your head. Write down their qualities so that you can get clear on who it is you want, but remain open-minded.
If you’re using the Law of Attraction, I’ve found that it tends to work quicker when you’re more open to the possibilities, rather than super-rigid about every detail.
Below, I’ve shared some effective affirmations for different types of love directed at a specific person. You can write these in your journal, say them out loud, repeat them in your head, or all of the above.
I always recommend only choosing 1 – 3 affirmations to work on at a time so that you can really focus on one goal at a time.
Affirmations to attract love from a specific person
For these affirmations, I would recommend first journaling about and listing the qualities you’re looking for in a specific person.
This gives you a clear image of the type of human being you’re directing these affirmations towards.
- I attract love with ease.
- I am worthy of all-encompassing true love with my person.
- I deserve to love and be loved.
- I choose to let go of that which I cannot control.
- I trust the Universe(/higher power/life) bring my person to me.
- I’m excited to meet my person and looking forward to the journey
- I am loved and appreciated by the people I already have in my life.
- I am grateful for the love I’m attracting.
- I trust that my person will enter my life when the time is right.
- I choose to go with the flow and let love find me.
- I am grateful for all the lessons in love that I’ve already learned, which led me to my person.
- My person will treat me exactly how I deserve to be treated.
- I deserve [list three qualities you want your future partner to possess; for example, “I deserve kindness, to laugh everyday, and affection].
- I love my life already, and my person will enhance it further.
- I’m attracting a healthy, respectful relationship.
- I am beautiful, inside and out, and my person sees that.
- My person matches my energy and values me.
- I am ready for true love.
- The person I’m seeking is also seeking me.
- My person loves [list a couple of qualities you don’t like about yourself].
Love affirmations for couples
These affirmations are aimed at those who have already found their specific person, but want to solidify and have confidence in their relationship.
- My partner loves me for who I truly am.
- I trust my partner and they trust me.
- I am so grateful to have found my person.
- My person loves [say three qualities your partner loves about you].
- I choose to love my person wholeheartedly.
- My person respects and appreciates me.
- My partner and I are amazing at communicating.
- We choose to learn from bumps in the road in order to become better partners to one another.
- My person and I don’t need each other, we choose each other every day.
- My partner enhances my life infinitely.
- I respect my partner’s boundaries.
- I’m grateful for the time we’ve spent together and excited for our future.
- I listen to my partner – I’m there for them whenever they need me.
- I am confident in our relationship.
- We protect our own energy.
- When my partner needs space, I respect that wish.
- We grow stronger every day.
- My person and I work well as a team.
- My partner sees me as their equal.
- I am grateful for such a loving, warm, respectful relationship.
Affirmations to marry your specific person
These affirmations are for those who are hoping to marry their partner or have their wedding coming up.
- I choose to spend my life with this wonderful person.
- I’m beyond excited for our future together.
- I am grateful for meeting my person.
- Marriage will elevate us further.
- My spouse and I only get stronger.
- I love my spouse more every day.
- My spouse and I are perfect for each other.
- My partner can’t wait to marry me.
- I can’t wait to grow old with my person and enjoy our life journeys together.
- I deserve to be happy and marry my person.
- My partner shows how much they love me every day.
- I am worthy of life-long love.
- I make my partner happy every day.
- I choose to support my spouse for the rest of our lives.
- My spouse is my best friend.
- My partner supports me in everything I do.
- My partner respects my boundaries.
- My spouse values me for the partner I am.
- We can get through anything together.
- I am grateful to have a partner who understands me so fully.
Unconditional love affirmations for family and friendship
Love, of course, isn’t just for romantic relationships, it’s also for family and friendship. Therefore, affirmations can be used to strengthen those relationships too.
- I choose to enforce personal boundaries with my family/friends.
- I am grateful my friends/family respect my boundaries.
- My family/friends are always there for me when I need them.
- I choose to protect my energy and surround myself with positive people.
- I am grateful to have such supportive friends/family.
- I love to spend quality time with my family.
- Our bond grows stronger over time.
- I am grateful to have family/friends that love me for me.
- I am proud of my family and honoured to be one of them.
- I want the best for my friends/family.
- I am grateful to have such wonderful friends.
- My family/friends and I get through any problems together.
- I promise to communicate my feelings clearly to my friends/family.
- My family/friends make me happy.
- I trust my family/friends and they trust me.
- My family has by best interests at heart, even if they don’t voice it appropriately.
- My friends/family are my biggest cheerleaders.
- I promise to always be honest with my family/friends.
- Our family thrives on respect.
- I welcome advice from my friends/family.
Affirmations for missing your specific person
If you’re currently missing your person, I invite you to try out these affirmations to help ease your mind.
- I will be reunited with my person in due time.
- The distance only makes our hearts grow fonder.
- Our bond grows stronger every day.
- My partner misses me as much as I miss them.
- I am grateful for the time we spend together.
- The time apart goes by quickly.
- I look forward to when we get to see each other again.
- I appreciate my partner for everything they are and they appreciate me.
- My partner is thinking of me, even when we’re not together.
- I am grateful to have time to myself.
- I am happy my partner is enjoying their time to themselves.
- Having space is part of a healthy, loving relationship.
How do you manifest love from a specific person?
While trying to manifest love from a real-life person who doesn’t already love you is unethical and potentially dangerous as you’re playing with someone’s free-will, you can manifest love from a hypothetical specific person.
For example, if you’re looking for love, you can imagine the type of person you want to be with, rather than a person who already exists in your reality. The thing is, the hypothetical person you’re imagining already exists as well, you just don’t know them yet and therefore need to attract them towards you.
Here are some ways you can manifest your specific person.
List qualities you want in a partner
Write a list of qualities you’re looking for in a partner.
While you should be specific, try to be too rigid. Leave some wiggle-room for the Universe to do its thing.
What to think about:
- Their values as a person
- How they treat you
- Their likes and dislikes
- Their hobbies and passions
- What’s important to them
- How they make you feel
Scripting is a manifestation technique where you write down a ‘scene’ from the life you want.
When manifesting a partner, you may want to write about a specific situation you want to live out with your future person. Look at this as a snapshot into your future and get as specific as possible.
Things to think about when scripting to make it as effective as possible:
- The where, what and who; where are you, what are you doing, and who’s there.
- What can you smell? E.g. coffee, cologne, a sea breeze.
- What can you hear? Are birds singing, is there music playing, are other people chatting in the background?
- What can you physically feel? Are you sitting on a chair? Can you feel fabric on your skin? Are you and your person holding each other? Are you somewhere warm?
- What can you feel emotionally? Do you feel comfortable and relaxed? Happy?
The trick to scripting is really feeling as if you’re actually there, which is easier to imagine with a quick ‘scene’. Don’t just script what you’re saying to each other, but the little intricacies that make the moment beautiful.
As you’re here, you’re probably already well aware of the benefits that affirmations can have when manifesting a specific person.
They help you focus on who you actually want, improve confidence, and gain clarity on what’s important to you in a partner.
In order to get the most out of affirmations, make sure you feel them as you repeat them. Really hone in on how you would feel if you met this person.
The best way to stay consistent with affirmations that I’ve found it is by using affirmation cards.
They help inspire you, as well as remember which affirmation you’re focusing on, which helps transform your confidence and discover self-worth.
Check out my affirmation card club for brand new affirmation cards every single week!
Other affirmations that you might find useful are:
Visualisation is a fun manifestation technique in which you visualise the exact scenario or goal you want – similar to scripting.
By actually seeing our desires in our mind’s eye, it makes them more real and therefore easier to bring into our reality.
Some tips for visualisation when it comes to manifesting your person are:
- Visualise before bed as you’re going to sleep
- Imagine the sights, smells, sounds and – most importantly – feelings that you’re experiencing in the daydream
- Let the visualisation go after you’ve imagined it
- Meditate before in order to clear your mind
Being grateful for what you’ve already got in your life is a one way we’re able to put our mindset (and frequency, if you’re following the Law of Attraction) in a higher, more positive state.
When we’re feeling thankful for what we have, rather than dwelling on what we haven’t got, we put ourselves in a happier mindset that’s more likely to attract love in all forms into our life.
A few ways you can incorporate gratitude into your everyday life are:
- Journaling: Write down five things you’re grateful for each day.
- Introspection: Think about what you’re grateful as soon as you wake up, before you go to bed, or just as you go about your day.
- Celebrate your wins: When you achieve something or notice something you’re grateful for, make sure to say this either out loud, in your journal, or in your head. Acknowledge the win.
- Gratitude jar: Write a ton of things you’re grateful for on scraps of paper and put these into a jar. Each day, pick one piece of paper out of the jar to read to yourself.
Work on self-love
While we don’t have to totally love everything about ourselves in order to deserve and receive love, having a strong foundation of self-love is really good when looking to manifest it.
When we love and believe in ourselves, this shines outward and attracts others.
Ways I personally practise self love are:
- Journal prompts
- Social media self-care
- Self-care in general
Treat yourself how you want your partner to treat you.
Journaling about the type of person you want to manifest is another way to get clear on what exactly it is you want.
It also helps unpack any emotions you might be feeling about this hypothetical person, how you feel about love in general, and your experience with manifesting.
Overall, journaling is very helpful for our mindset.
Act as if
‘Acting as if’ is a cool manifestation technique that essentially plucks you out of your current reality and puts you in the same world as the person you’re manifesting.
In order to ‘act as if’, you have to imagine what the person who’s in a relationship with the person you’re manifesting looks like; what type of life do they lead?
Then, make changes to become that person.
This way, you’re already part of the way to manifesting your partner.
Things you might want to change in order to ‘act as if’:
- The way you dress – does the person you’re manifesting like you in certain clothes
- Your daily routine
- Healthy habits
I want to be clear: this isn’t changing who you are to make someone else happy, it’s becoming your best, most confident self in order to attract someone who meets you at your level.
Without taking action, none of the manifestation techniques above matter.
I’ll put it this way: if you’re hoping to meet someone and you’re sitting in your house alone all day every day, you’re unlikely to actually meet anyone other than your delivery person.
Make sure that you’re putting yourself out there occasionally.
Some ways you can do this are:
- Take yourself out to coffee or dinner once a week
- Say ‘yes’ to more social occasions
- Go see a movie
- Enjoy a walk in nature a couple of times a week
- Join the gym
Don’t stress yourself out by running around desperately trying to meet anyone or doing things you don’t enjoy, just put yourself out there a little bit more if you aren’t already.
Ultimately, affirmations can absolutely be used to attract a specific person.
Work on self-love and confidence alongside repeating the affirmations I provided so that you can be in the best possible mindset to welcome someone into your life, and treat yourself how you want to be treated.
Journal your experience and get clear on what it is you want.
Oh, and think twice about trying to manifest a person that’s already in your reality. Playing with someone else’s free-will isn’t cool.
A witchy ray of sunshine who loves to help others on their journal journey. I’ve been journaling since childhood and have since gone on to earn a degree in English and a diploma in Shadow Work. I love my plant babies, yoga, and anything spooky. Find out more on my about me page.