Using affirmations for productivity can give you the boost you need to work through your to-do and get your tasks done for the day.
Motivation isn’t always easy to come by, especially if your mental health and mindset isn’t exactly in a great place. However, sometimes all we need is a little pep-talk in the form of a positive affirmation to give us that little push in the right direction.
Let’s also remember that rest and taking it easy can also be productive. Our bodies and minds need a breather sometimes in order to prevent burn-out, so chilling out and taking time for self-care is healing.
What’s more productive than looking after your mental, physical, and emotional health?
How do affirmations for productivity work?
Positive affirmations work by rewiring our thought processes, which sounds a little daunting, but it really doesn’t have to be.
If you’re prone to negative self-talk and negative thinking in general, it’s likely that you repeat these negative thoughts to yourself over and over again. These thoughts hold us back by breaking down our self-esteem, self-belief, and hope.
The problem is, the more we thinking something, the more we believe that negative thought. The more solid is becomes in our minds; this breads even more negative thoughts.
Well, the good thing is, positive affirmations work in the same way.
When you repeat positive affirmations that affirm how awesome, capable, and productive you are, you begin to believe them and, in time, they become true. Or, at least you recognise them to be true.
Productivity affirmations work by telling ourselves how much we want to complete the task at hand.
We simply can’t wait to do the dishes.
Laundry is a joy.
You’re so excited to complete that work assignment.
You’re the most productive person on the planet!
The more you repeat these affirmations, the more you believe them, and the bigger the boost you’ll get when repeating them.
In order to get the most out of these affirmations, here are my top tips:
- Pick one affirmation that resonates with you today. Choose what you need a boost with today. Only pick one to really focus on. I find this is more effective than picking multiple as I can really hone in on it and not become overwhelmed.
- Repeat the affirmation out loud, in your head, or in your journal. (Or all three.) Repeat it as many times as you need, feeling more conviction with each repetition.
- Feel the affirmation as you repeat it. Feel the affirmation to be true when you repeat it. The feeling is what you want to harness and carry with you.
- Repeat it whenever you need. Affirmations aren’t necessarily just for the morning; I personally find them most effective when used to combat negative self-talk, or simply when you need the boost.
35 Productivity affirmations
- I’ve got this
- I can’t wait to face today and get stuff done
- I’m so productive this morning
- I feel focused and motivated
- I’m excited to [insert task you need to complete]
- Ticking off my to-do list is so easy for me
- Being productive makes me feel good
- I can’t wait to smash my goals for today
- Resting is a productive use of my time; my body deserves to heal
- I’ve got plenty of time
- I am in control of my day and how I spend it
- I can achieve anything
- There’s nothing stopping me from reaching my goals
- Completing small tasks takes me one step closer to my dream life
- I am worthy of success
- Productivity comes so naturally to me
- Self-care is valuable and productive
- I have my own best interests at heart
- Patience is one of my strengths
- I am patient with myself and others
- Productivity is a tool, not a rule
- I’m grateful that I get to [insert task]
- I am calm and relaxed
- I am good at what I do
- I get more and more productive with each day
- The systems and workflows I create are there to help me, not overwhelm me
- I am passionate about the task I need to do
- I’m proud of the tasks I’ve completed today
- I’m a boss
- I happily delegate tasks
- Productive is better than busy
- I’m amazing at streamlining systems to complete more in less time
- More tasks does not equal being more productive
- I love making time for myself
- I set and enforce firm work-life boundaries with ease
The best way to stay consistent with affirmations that I’ve found it is by using affirmation cards.
They help inspire you, as well as remember which affirmation you’re focusing on, which helps transform your confidence and discover self-worth.
Check out my affirmation card club for brand new affirmation cards every single week!
A witchy ray of sunshine who loves to help others on their journal journey. I’ve been journaling since childhood and have since gone on to earn a degree in English and a diploma in Shadow Work. I love my plant babies, yoga, and anything spooky. Find out more on my about me page.