The workplace is the source of most of our causes of stress.
Money, no time to relax, the fear of disappointing people – ALL heavily, if not directly, linked to work.
This is why positive affirmations for work are so important.
Whether you need a little boost of motivation in the morning, some extra confidence before a meeting, or just some gentle reassurance, affirmations can be massively beneficial.
In this post, I’m going to go into why affirmations are so affective for work, as well as our overall mindset and mental health, and how to use them.
However, if you’re short on time, I’ve got you: Feel free to jump straight to the affirmations here.
What are positive affirmations for work?
Positive affirmations are self-affirming statements that we repeat and use to pretty much reprogram how we view ourselves, our lives, and our personal situations.
They’re affective because they work to rewire our thought patterns.
When we replace negative thoughts about ourselves with positive affirmations, it gradually stops our minds from automatically jumping to a negative place.
In the case of workplace affirmations, by affirming our abilities, worth and confidence when we’re feeling down or stressed, we can not only improve our mindset, we can make work a productive, happy environment instead of a place we dread to go.
- Related – Powerful Affirmations for Motivation
Why do we need daily affirmations in the workplace?
According to UK mental health organisation Mind.org, the main causes of stress are:
- Feeling under too much pressure
- Worrying about things outside of our control
- Times of uncertainty
- Overwhelming responsibilities
In the USA, studies have shown that 72% of Americans are stressed-out over money problems.
Our jobs and livelihoods are directly tied to all of these main causes.
Therefore, affirmations for work aren’t just helpful – I would argue that they’re necessary!
Not only do they improve confidence, self-esteem, motivation and self-worth, they can also help reduce stress and aid you in feeling a little more in control.
- Related – Affirmations for Anxiety
Do we need positive affirmations if we work from home?
Even if you work from home and not in a typical ~workplace environment~, it’s still important for you to repeat work affirmations.
You still need confidence, self-believe, self-esteem and motivation.
In fact, when you work from home and you’re trying to create your own little empire, you need these things by the bucket-load.
Therefore, yes, positive affirmations are important for anyone, whether you work in an office, in retail, or at home.
Even if you’re not currently working or you’re unable to work for any number of reasons, hyping yourself up is ALWAYS good for our mental health and mindset.
Do daily affirmations for work actually… work?
Positive affirmations are super-affective for a lot of people, especially if used daily.
The key is consistency.
When you get into the habit of repeating affirmations for work every day, the chances are you’ll start to notice a positive change in your mindset towards work, as well as your motivation and confidence overall.
- Related – Affirmations for Confidence
How long does it take affirmations to work?
Where some people struggle with getting affirmations to work for them properly is time.
When we turn to repeating affirmations to boost our mindset, we tend to approach them from a place of desperation. Therefore, it’s only natural that we would want to feel the positive affects of them quickly.
However, for affirmations to really work, you need to give it time.
Time and consintency.
If you get into the habit of repeating your affirmations daily, the time will fly by. If you’re too focused on just getting the results ASAP, you’ll end up getting frustrated, giving up, and completely ruling affirmations out as useless.
Unfortunately, I can’t give you an exact time frame for how long affirmations take to work.
All of our minds work differently.
For me, I felt more confident and self-accepting after a couple of months.
For you, it might take less time or longer.
You just have to keep at it. It’s worth it.
What are some good positive affirmations for work?
- I am worthy of respect from ALL those around me
- I am a valuable asset to my company
- I deserve good things
- I’m doing a really good job today
- People love having me around
- I’m capable of overcoming any hurdles that come at me
- I choose to learn and grow every day, no matter what work or life throws at me
- I am excellent at my job
- I’m going to have a productive day
- I’m going to have a great day at work today
- I’ve got this
- I’m going to nail this [meeting/event/task]
- I am exactly where I need to be
- The universe has my back
- My emotions [regarding work situation] are valid
- I further my career every day
- I’m one step closer to my dream job with every action I take
- I’m grateful for my job
- I’m attracting new opportunities
- I am successful in everything I do
- I am confident in my ability to get s*** done
What are the most powerful affirmations?
The most powerful positive affirmations for work are the ones that:
- You can remember
- Resonate with you
If the affirmation doesn’t resonate with you or your struggle, repeating it over and over is probably just a waste of time and you’re unlikely to even remember it.
You need to choose affirmations that you really resonate with and that will help you and your personal struggles at work.
If you find it difficult to remember your affirmations, try writing them down in your journal.
I rewrite mine every morning in order to keep them fresh.
I also recommend putting affirmation art up in your house as it not only looks cute, it’s motivating AND helps remind you of your favourite affirmations.
I have some printable affirmation art up on my Etsy shop, if you want to check it out.
How to use affirmations at work
Using affirmations for work might seem simple.
Just repeat a few self-affirming statements to yourself once in a while, right?
Well, sort of.
My tips when using affirmations in the workplace are:
- Choose affirmations that resonate with you and your work struggles
- Write them down in your journal or in your phone and take them with you to work
- Consider getting affirmation art for your office or workspace
- Repeat your affirmations in your journal, in your head and/or out loud every morning before work or on the way to work
- Whenever you’re on a break, feeling frazzled, or confronted with negative self-talk at work, make sure to repeat your affirmations again to re-affirm what a badass you are
- Really FEEL the affirmation as you say it
- Take three big, deep, releasing breaths afterwards to help clear your mind and calm you down if you’re feeling stressed or anxious
I also invite you to practise meditation and self-care when you can. Schedule it in to make sure you do it.
It doesn’t have to be at work, but it’s so important to take care of yourself.
What’s more, if you’re feeling so stressed at work that it’s affecting your life in a negative way, please do consider seeking therapy.
There’s no shame in it and, if it’s accessible and available to you – perhaps even through your company – it could be really useful.